Login + GO

2016 Komen Southeast Wisconsin Race for the Cure

Second Chance

Welcome to my Komen Race for the Cure® team page! For those of you who do not know, I was diagnosed with breast cancer on January 4th, 2016. I had a lumpectomy to remove the tumor and underwent three months of chemotherapy followed by six weeks of radiation. My treatments ended on July 7th, 2016.

Early on, I decided it was best for my mental, spiritual and physical well-being to keep my treatment journey private while I powered through chemo and radiation with God's strength and my family's support. Now that I have completed treatment and I am feeling great, I think the Race for the Cure is the perfect opportunity to share my story and ask for your help in the fight against breast cancer.

Please consider joining my team for the 5K walk on September 25th. The team is named Second Chance in memory of my beloved dog Chance who many of you know I said goodbye to on June 27th, 2016.  I also believe God has given me a second chance at life and I am incredibly grateful for the care I have received. Now my focus is on helping others.Your support helps us get one step closer to a world without breast cancer. 75% of the money raised stays in the community to fund local breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs. The remaining 25% supports groundbreaking breast cancer research.

Together, we are fueling the best science and boldest community and making the biggest impact in the fight against breast cancer. Please join me in this fight by making a donation or signing up for the walk today. Thank you for your support!

 

View More

Leave an encouraging note for the team!

View More
komensoutheastwi.org | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Susan G. KomenŽ Wisconsin
2025 W Oklahoma Avenue Suite 116 | Milwaukee, WI 53215
Phone: (414) 389-4888
Email: info@komensoutheastwi.org