Fundraising & Teams
The heart of the Komen Southeast Wisconsin Race for the Cure is you, our participants—and we need your help to make the biggest impact possible against this disease. Remember, your registration fee helps gets you to the start line, but your fundraising dollars will help us find a cure. Your support will fund breast cancer screening, treatment and education programs that save lives in our community!
FORM A RACE TEAM—An exciting way to participate in the Race for the Cure®
- You likely already have friends, coworkers and family members who are passionate supporters of the breast cancer cause. Race for the Cure® is your chance to take action and show that you are all More Than Pink™! Form a team in honor or in memory of someone you know who has been impacted by breast cancer, or simply to help make a difference—together.
BUILD YOUR TEAM—IT'S EASY
- Teams are created by a ‘Team Captain’— COULD THIS BE YOU??
- Select ‘Create a Team’ on-line, give your team a name, and register. You are now a team captain!
- Once the team is started, your teammates can now select ‘Join a Team’ when they register and be part of the group.
- Team Registration DOES NOT CLOSE! Keep adding team members right up till Race Day.
TEAM FUNDRAISING—MULTIPLY YOUR IMPACT, MULTIPLY YOUR FUN!
- Team Captains are given a Team Fundraising Center as well as their personal fundraising center. Set your team goal, personalize the site, and start using the Fundraising Center tools to communicate with your team and your donors.
- Keep up to date on Race Fundraising Incentives—including registration Fee refund for each person raising $60 (learn more here).
- Create opportunities for team fundraising—hold a bake sale, host a golf or bowling outing, hold a special fundraising lunch or raffle, challenge different work departments with a penny challenge or special incentives (would your boss shave his head if you raise $5000??). Here are some great ideas.
- Watch for Team-only fundraising incentives announced regularly.
- Work with your team coach to get information on fundraising ideas or other Race info.
- All Team member fundraising totals are included in the Team Fundraising Total along with any donations made directly to the Team Fundraising Center.
- FUNDRAISING GOES THROUGH OCTOBER 31st, 2017—Race Day is really just a start!
LET YOUR TEAMMATES KNOW WHERE THE MONEY GOES
- Up to 75% of Komen’s net revenue is used to support local community based education, screening and treatment programs. The remaining 25% of the net income supports the Susan G. Komen® Grants Program
- All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law
- Learn more about the research Komen does around the globe
Get out there and join the fight! Register or log in to fundraise today!