YOUR Race for the Cure® Fundraising supports national research programs as well as provide screenings, education and treatments to thousands of local women and men who cannot afford breast health care.
Turn your support for fighting breast cancer into action. Commit to your personal fundraising goal today.
* NEW this year *
Remember, when you fundraise $60, your Registration Fee is on us!!
Learn more here.
How to Fundraise
Fundraising is easy with online fundraising tools and social media! When you registered for the Race, you automatically received your own fundraising website, which can be personalized. Your website is your starting point for spreading the word and maximizing your fundraising impact.
Get started now:
- Visit your Fundraising Center.
- Customize your page and share your link.
- Encourage everyone you know to visit your site, learn more about your commitment to the fight against breast cancer and make a donation on your behalf.
- Use the email templates provided in the Fundraising Center to easily send emails to your friends and families.
- Through the Fundraising Center, use Facebook to connect with friends and spread the word about your fundraising efforts.
- Check out these simple videos on how to user your Personal Fundraising Center!
- Download the Fundraising Center Guide for Team Captains
You can also put your smart phone to use:
- Download the FREE Susan G. Komen® mobile app to help amplify your fundraising efforts. Log in with your Race username and password to easily send emails, text messages, Tweets and Facebook updates! Click here for more information or search SGK Fundraise in your app store.
Keep it going:
- Race for the Cure Fundraising goes from registration through OCTOBER 31, 2017.
- Fundraising Incentives including refunded registration can be earned through October 31.
- Take advantage of fundraising opportunities during Breast Cancer Awareness Month to really build your fundraising total.
- Think of Race Day as a kick off to your October Fundraising!
A Few Fundraising Tips
To make the most of your efforts, consider these tips from other successful Race for the Cure® fundraisers:
- Set a personal goal today.
- We suggest $295—Earn 3 fundraising incentives along the way. Here's how (coming soon).
- Make the first gift yourself to show your commitment!
- Utilize your Fundraising Center. Take advantage of our online tools to ask friends and family to make a donation to support you.
- Tell your story. Share your passion for the breast cancer movement with family, friends, coworkers and everyone in between.
- Spread the word on social media. Don’t underestimate the power of Facebook and Twitter.
- Find out whether your company has a matching gift program. If so, partner with your workplace with a matching gift.
- Send a personalized letter reusing your holiday card mailing list.
- Download a list of 101 Fundraising Ideas.
Race for the Cure Teams are the backbone of Race Fundraising. Team Captains are essential to motivating their teammates to set personal fundraising goals and work together to meet the Team’s Fundraising Goal.
- Select a Team Fundraising Goal and let your teammates know how they can help meet that goal.
- Set up and personalize your Team’s on-line Fundraising Center.
- Encourage your teammates to set up their Fundraising Center & individual fundraising goal.
- Create fun and inspiring fundraising challenges for your teammates.
- Organize fun & unique team-wide fundraisers at work, school, in your neighborhood, or on-line.
- Remember – Funds donated to your teammates’ personal fundraising centers all count toward the Team Fundraising Total as well! Donations can also be made directly to the Team page.
Cash or Check Donations?
If you plan on collecting donations by cash or check, please download a mail-in fundraising form.
- Mail-in fundraising forms must be received by October 31, 2017, for donations to be credited toward your fundraising goal. Any forms received after that date will be counted as general Race donations.
- Forms should be mailed to:
c/o Hermes Sports and Events
2425 West 11th Street, Suite #2
Cleveland, Ohio 44113
- Include your full name and complete contact information on the form so we may inform you of additional donations received on your behalf. On the form, please be sure to list the full names and addresses of people who make donations on your behalf so that we may send them their tax-deductible receipt.
Need more info? Call the Komen Southeast Wisconsin Race Hotline @ 1-877-506-9031